Grandma Lillie's Oatmeal
- Take first four ingredients, combine and let sit out at room temperature for 12-24 hours to make grains more digestible and nutritious.
- In the morning or when ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix soaked oats with remaining ingredients, except butter. Bake for 1 hour.
- Stir in butter if using and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers and warm on stovetop or in steam baskets over hot water for a quick and nutritious breakfast another morning.
- Add fresh blueberries to change it slightly if desired.